Baker-Clardy Service Station was on the corner of West Sullivan and Roller Streets, where the Funtastics (old Penley’s) building is now barely standing. This picture was taken when the building was brand new, sometime prior to 1929, when Baker-Clardy ran several ads in the Kingsport Times News.
The signs on the station, which are even hard to read in 4k resolution, offer:
Ladies Rest Room
Standard Gasoline (Standard Oil Company, probably Standard Oil of New Jersey, later ESSO, later EXXON)
Batteries charged installed
Standard Motor Oil
Expert Alemite Service (lubrication…the company’s still in business)
Note the dude standing in the background. He’s checking out the photographer.